Friday, November 16, 2007

Excuse me...

Today I went to Mong Kok in Hong Kong. I noticed that Mong Kok was as crowded as Causeway Bay, but there were a lot more people trying to slow you down in the street. I was stopped by five people asking me to fill out a survey; three people shoving their flyers into my hands; a guy from Green Peace selling his organization and trying to ask me for monthly donation; and some salespersons standing at the front of the stores persuading me to go into their stores. It's not easy weeding through all these people to go to my destination. I learned to be firm and just say "excuse me" or "sorry, I don't live here..."

If you are a Caucasian, you'll probably get different kinds of obstacles on the road. My husband used to have Indians trying to sell him watches or tailor-made suits in Tsim Sha Tsui.

No comments: