Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Challenges of teaching Japanese

I am teaching Japanese to a few individuals who are interested in the culture and language. Having gone through a formal and professional Japanese language program myself, I am able to impart my knowledge to the students. However, the challenge is to teach a complicated language to adults or kids who only attend a 30-minute lesson every week. I have been revising my materials to suit the needs of my students. I also recommend them to buy additional learning tools so they can make up for the lack of practice and short class time. I salute to those who are willing and interested to learn a language with four sets of alphabets/characters (romaji, hiragana, katakana and kanji). For those who want some high intellectual stimulation, learning Japanese will be a good exercise to keep your mind active.

No comments: