Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hip place for Asian food

I love Asian food, but it's not always easy to find a decent restaurant that serves authentic Asian food. Some people I know talked about PF Chang, so I decided to give it a try.



I was immediately impressed when I walked into the PF Chang near Denver - modern decoration, high ceiling and courteous staff. I secretly hoped that their food would be as good. I glanced through their menu quickly and realized they might be serving American Chinese food again. However, one menu item quickly caught my eye - Singapore street noodles. It's supposed to be rice noodles stir fried with chicken and shrimp in a curry sauce. This is a popular dish in Hong Kong, but I realized there is no such thing as Singapore noodles after living in Singapore for five years. Anyway, I ordered it with great expectation.


When the noodles arrived, it looked a bit different from what I was used to. It didn't really bother me until I put some into my mouth. It was way too salty and the taste was also different from what it should have been.


Fortunately, I had more luck with the dessert. The banana spring roll is not something of Chinese tradition, but I found this creation to be particularly pleasing. The spring roll contained banana and was served with pineapple-coconut ice cream and drizzled with caramel and vanilla sauces. I highly recommend this dessert for anyone. It is a good blend of both the West and the East.





No comments: