As I mentioned in the previous post, you can make spring rolls or crunchy noodles using spring roll shells. You can also make curry beef triangles using spring roll shells! This is a Southeast Asian delicacies and it can also be a dim sum item for Cantonese cuisine.
I am sharing my recipe with you here:
12 sheets of spring roll shells
4 oz ground beef (substitute it with ground pork or chicken if you like)
1 tablespoon curry paste
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon soya sauce
1. Trim spring roll shells to long strips of 2 inches wide, cover and set aside.
2. Season the ground beef.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in wok, saute curry paste, add seasoned beef and stir well.
4. Thicken with cornstarch solution (2 teaspoons cornstarch mix with 1 tablespoon water).
5. Cool before you wrap it with cut spring roll shell strips.
6. Fold each end of stripped shells twice to form a triangle pocket, add 1 teaspoon of filling, turn and fold to form triangle puff.
7. Deep fry till light golden brown.
Serve while it's still crispy and hot! Enjoy :)