I went to a Chinese buffet restaurant in Albuquerque and found that they served crispy egg bows. The one on the far left of the photo shows the crispy egg bows. They should be a bit thicker than that and you can make your own too. I am sharing my recipe here:
6 oz high gluten flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon castor sugar
3 oz water
1. Sieve all powdery ingredients together and add in the beaten egg and water. Set it aside for around 15 minutes.
2. Sprinkle some flour on the surface you use to roll the dough into a thin sheet.
3. Trim and cut the thin dough into 1 inch wide strips, then divide them into small rectangles.
4. Put 2 pieces of pastries together, dampen and make sharp slit in the center, pull one end through the open slit as a bow shape.
5. Deep fry until light golden brown.
6. Serve with golden syrup.